- Change. In some way you must engage in the process of change if you want change to happen. It’s no longer enough to sit back hoping for change while others do all the work of it. At some point you must make whatever contribution you’re comfortable making, understanding that you may be discriminating against yourself by remaining in a comfort zone you’ve long outgrown, but haven’t had the motivation to move beyond.
- One must experience the process of change in order to continue on the path of change. It’s not like a movie that somebody else writes and your part is written in somewhere near the end, and all you have to do is show up. Change is an evolution of you. Your life, your goals, your setbacks, your challenges, hopes and dreams are constantly in the state of reassessment. Every individual can and does make a difference. A person’s contribution, however, is no greater or lesser than anybody else’s. You can change the world by starting with yourself. It is by changing yourself that you change the world. Yes, that’s right. You change the world by changing yourself.
- The good news is that it can be done in an instant. So yes, you do have a magic wand and that magic wand is you. Nobody else can do it for you. It’s called self-correcting behavior. When you change yourself, because we’re all connected to the same universe, that universe changes in your likeness. So make sure your change is a positive one and that it conforms to the five principles to a better life: no prejudice, discrimination, enslavement, torture and slaughter.
- The key word is no. If left unchecked prejudice leads to discrimination which leads to enslavement which leads to torture and finally to slaughter unless you take conscious steps to prevent it or once implemented to stop it. However, any one of the fundamental flaws of society can occur spontaneously without going through the process of the others. For example, slaughter can occur without prior warnings of prejudice, discrimination, enslavement or torture when a sudden real or perceived threat to one’s survival occurs. Be assured, however, that when the spontaneous event of slaughter occurs, the other four flaws simultaneously occur with it.
- The unpredictable nature of the five flaws makes it even more critical to prevent prejudice from occurring in the first place, by being vigilant of your real thoughts and feelings, rather than those you’re told by society to have. To change yourself, thus the world, you must be an activist. Activist means activity. An activist of “one” means that you set an example of the change you want. For example, if you want everybody to get along, then make an effort to get along with everybody else.