- To the used-to-be vegetarians : The animals want you back. It’s easy to deviate, to sway from our belief system when nobody believes what we believe. First it’s the milk in the bread, then the cheese and egg hidden in the vinaigrette salad dressing, then the parmesan cheese sprinkled on your pasta that you told the waiter to leave off the dish. Then it’s the gravy, the chicken broth in a soup, that’s touted as vegetarian because there are no meat solids in it. Next it’s the shrimp, then the chicken wing, back to veggie burgers, but oops they contain egg whites. Next, you’re at a barbecue having a few drinks, and somebody gives you a rib knowing you’re a vegetarian. “Oh, man you gotta taste this; it’s great! Ah, come on, just one, what’s it going to hurt?” The next thing you know you’re ordering a steak, so everybody else can know you’re having as much fun as they are. They’re all happy because you’re one of them.
- Prejudices against vegetarians and vegans abound. I don’t know why everybody cares so much about what we vegetarians eat. They just can’t stand it. Every time Paula Deen (TV Chef) cooks a vegetarian meal, it’s like the worst thing in the world and she lets everyone know it. Such a bother and don’t worry, tomorrow we’ll get back to the good stuff: the meat, the butter, the cream, everything bad for us. So, I blame it on the media supported by the slaughter industries who want you to feel odd for eating a healthy diet. Even the doctors will not exclude the chicken or the low fat meats, dairy and eggs. Your arteries are ninety-five cent occluded and they’ll still tell you to eat a steak once a week. People with celiac disease are told they’ll die if they don’t eat meat, because they can’t eat grains. Not so, what about all the other foods? You won’t get enough protein? That’s ridiculous..
- Even after years of being a strict vegetarian, my protein levels in my blood were normal. Even when not eating dairy, my calcium levels were normal. Even when not taking B12 supplements, my B12 levels were normal. We don’t need all the protein the government and the body builders of the world say we need. Since when does the government do what’s in our best interest?
- It’s time to stop letting our families, friends and everybody else tell us how to eat, when we already know what’s best, when we already know the right way. Get back into the saddle on yourself and ride the animal you know as you, into the sunrise and sunset of your life without eating the remnants of slaughter. You can do it, I know you can. How do I know? Because you’ve done it before. The animals need you. You’re the only ones who can stop the slaughter.
- To animal-eaters who are thinking about decreasing their animal product intake and for those who find the transition difficult, animal-free products that mimic animal products make it so much easier. Soy milk, cream cheese, sour cream, whipped topping, coffee creamers, ice-cream, parmesan topping, hot dogs, burgers of every kind, luncheon meats, chicken strips and chicken burgers, barbecued riblets, Italian sausage, bratwurst, link sausages, yogurt, and so much more. When you eat an animal-free cream cheese, you’ll know you’ve experienced a miracle. How could somebody create such a beautiful product without the cruelty? It tastes just like cream cheese. Somebody’s God did that, working with that somebody to create that miracle. Support miracle makers. Shop around. Try different brands to find the brand that suits you, just like you do with animal products. Tell your grocer what you want. Look up the products on the internet. Use your key to open the door to a whole new world that’s been there waiting for you to walk into. Celebrate!